At the centre of our culture is CARE.
CARE for our people, our clients, and the work we do. Therefore, we CARE about your future.
As a South Australian business, we are a strong, experienced, growing, medium-sized firm of accountants and business advisors. Our clients are ambitious and successful. We measure our success by the positive difference we make in our clients' businesses and lives. We provide pathways of support during their financial journey.
For us, it's not just about their wealth. It's about their life, their family, their legacy, and their happiness.
Our people are supportive of each other, friendly, and passionate about what they do. They are also rewarded, with many benefits available in return. Investing in our peoples' working careers is an essential part of what we do. So, we make sure we do it well.
Partners and Principals are accessible. They listen and encourage. We believe very strongly in our profession, which means we are heavily involved with the Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ).
We pride ourselves on offering a wide range of services within:
We specialise in the following industries:
It's important to us that our people "Make a life, not just a living".
We love to see our people develop and grow. Like you, we are serious about professional development.
We provide you with the following benefits:
- Paid study-leave and exam days for undergraduates
- Fully funded chartered accountants' program
- Payment of relevant professional membership and subscriptions
- Technical training and personal skills development and mentorship
We ensure our people get plenty of job support while balancing the demands of life. We care about your development, your safety and wellbeing, both physiological, psychological, and financial.
Our wellbeing program involves the following:
- Personal wellbeing
- includes an employee assistance program
- flu vaccinations
- workplace fruit
- educational sessions
- Financial wellbeing
- provides support with completing tax returns
- salary continuance insurance
- life insurance
- salary packaging
- Social wellbeing
- consists of an active social club with regular social events
- morning teas
- monthly social drinks
- regular outings
We know our people are our best advocates, which means we also offer a generous employee referral program. We strive to continuously improve our people's working world, where meaningful careers are harnessed and nurtured while exploring your unique potential.
Our core values are driven by one key theme, "Financial Freedom", i.e., giving people the financial freedom and peace of mind to live the life they want now and when they choose to retire. Our values are:
- Client First
- Be proactive always
- Create solutions
- Achieve great outcomes
- Deliver value and treat the client/business as if it was your own
- Can-do attitude
- Have a growth mindset
- Nothing is a challenge
- Strive for excellence always
- There is no 'I' in team
- Everything we do is with a sense of urgency
- Openness and Integrity
- Operate with honesty
- Be truly accountable and independent in a manner that instils trust
- Always be responsible for our actions-remember "integrity in everything we stand for and do
- High Performing
- Always raise the bar in what we do to be continually improving
- Find ways to increase efficiencies
- Never be satisfied with the status quo
- Always look to improve and be innovative
Our B Extraordinary Award is a formal way to recognise an extraordinary team member for doing outstanding work. This is just one of the many ways we say thank you for their hard work.
Engaging and supporting the community is important to us. We assist various charities through donations raised from the contribution of staff and the firm. We also organise events during the year such as:
- Biggest Morning Tea (Breast Cancer),
- MND (Motor Neurone Disease), and
- Puddle Jumpers (can drive), to name a few.
Please find out about our career opportunities here.
"My journey with Brentnalls SA started back in December 2016. I previously worked for a small firm focused solely on compliance. I was seeking a change without knowing what I was looking for in the workplace.
After spending no more than 20 minutes in an interview with Sharon Lloyd (Partner) and Bradley Barnes (Partner), I knew I had stumbled upon the right place to continue my career.
A rare blend of easy-going work colleagues that hold a high regard for their clients and career progression for staff is not easy to find."
Matthew Merrett, Manager