How often is it said, "If anything happened to you, I don't know where I would start in relation to our affairs."
We hear it all the time!
With this simple notion in mind, we have developed a service which we believe will be of real value to everyone. For example, in the event of the death or illness of the business partner, the surviving partner, partners or executors will be able to easily access all the information necessary to fully understand the business affairs and to continue to deal with them without undue delay and stress.
- Contacts details to include:
- Financial Planner, Stock Broker
- Insurance Broker
- A comprehensive flow chart of the family business structure.
- Statement of the assets and liabilities of the family group with all assets reflected at current market value and divided into appropriate entities and classes such as:
- Investment, and
It will reflect total Net Wealth on an up-to-date basis.
The Family Register service will provide peace of mind for all clients and their families. It will also result in significant savings in time and money in the event of a death or when undertaking any form of planning or restructuring work.
The aim is to build up a database for the family. This accurate information will then be summarised and is readily available, not only in situations of death or sickness but for:
The Group Statement of Assets and Liabilities will be supported by a detailed statement for each entity. Details will include:
- Property title copies,
- Share portfolios, details of ownership and where held,
- Cash/Term deposits-account numbers,
- Stock schedules and values,
- Plant schedules and values,
- Sundry investments schedules and values,
- Lifestyle assets (artwork, vintage cars, etc) schedules and values,
- Insurance policies, policy details,
- Other liabilities and debts, terms and security held, and
- Copies of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Advanced Care Directives and where held.
The data will be stored both electronically and in a hard copy which can be kept at either the family's office and/or at Brentnalls SA. We will build your Family Register from information already held by Brentnalls SA and from the additional information provided by you and from your solicitors, bankers and other sources. Details will be updated annually.
NOTE: Data is transmitted using the most secure network available, Dark Fibre, and all our servers are in Australia.
If this is of interest to you and your family, please contact our office to arrange a time to start preparing your Family Register.
If you would like to print this information please click here for PDF format.