Updated: 12 May 2020
A $10,000 grant to eligible small businesses and not-for-profit entities that employ South Australians who have been highly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This measure is designed to support South Australian businesses through the coronavirus pandemic and support the operation of their business.
Businesses and not-for-profits including eligible sporting and community organisations will need to:
- Employ people in South Australia.
- Have annual GST exclusive turnover of more than $75,000.
- Have an annual payroll of less than $1.5 million, and not be entitled to a payroll tax waiver under the previously announced Government Stimulus Measure: SA Payroll Tax.
- Have an ABN and carry an operation of the business in South Australia prior the 1 March 2020.
- Have been subject to closure or highly impacted by COVID-19 related restrictions. Businesses receiving the Government Stimulus Measure: JobKeeper Payment will be deemed as highly impacted.
- Apply by 1 June 2020.
- Use the funds to support activities related to the operation of the business.
Eligible business and not-for-profits will need to apply for the grant.
For more details about the application process, and to begin an application, please visit the Department of Treasury and Finance's website at https://www.treasury.sa.gov.au/Growing-South-Australia/COVID-19/$10,000-emergency-cash-grants-for-small-businesses
We can complete this application on your behalf but we're required to have your permission in writing first. If you would like us to take care of this for you, please contact your Brentnalls SA team member.
As the money is via grant, it will need to be recognised as taxable income when received.
The South Australian government have several other funding methods which it is encouraging businesses and industries to apply for.
- Economic and Business Growth Fund
- Business and Jobs Support Fund
- Community and Jobs Support Fund
More details can be found at: https://www.treasury.sa.gov.au/Growing-South-Australia/economic-and-business-growth-fund
The Government is moving quickly and things are changing daily with regards to the response to COVID-19.
Should you have any queries regarding this measure or any Government measure announced in relation to COVID-19, please contact our office for more information.
If you would like to print this information, please click here for our PDF format.
The information provided in this information sheet does not constitute advice. The information is of a general nature only and does not take into account your individual situation. It should not be used, relied upon, or treated as a substitute for specific professional advice. We recommend that you contact Brentnalls SA before making any decision to discuss your particular requirements or circumstances.