The COVID-19 disaster payment is a payment available to eligible employees who have experienced a reduction in hours worked due to a public health order or state government lockdown. The amounts applicable are:
The payments are made in arrears on an ongoing weekly basis, applicable as lockdown requirements remain in place. To be eligible individuals must live or work in Commonwealth-declared 'hotspots'. State government can choose to extend this relief outside of the specified hotspots.
If you receive an eligible income support payment, ABSTUDY Living Allowance or Education Allowance, you may be eligible to receive $200 each week, on top of your regular payment from 3 August 2021.
What is the aim of this initiative?
This measure is designed to support South Australian employees unable to earn income due to a COVID-19 lockdown, hotspot or period of restricted movement.
Who is eligible?
To receive the income relief, a person must meet all the following general eligibility rules:
- Australian resident or hold a visa that gives you the right to work in Australia
- 17 years or older
- Reduction in hours worked as detailed above
- Not be receiving an income support payment, ABSTUDY Living Allowance, Dad and Partner Pay or Parental Leave Pay
- Not be receiving the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, a State or Territory Pandemic Payment or a State Small Business Payment for the same period
- You've lost income and don't receive any paid leave entitlements, including annual leave, paid sick/carer's leave, long service leave
- If eligible, you must claim any State Pandemic Payment and the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment first
This payment will not be taxable.
How do I get it?
Any individual affected can apply through Services Australia and myGOV. Claims can be made from day 8 of any lockdown, in arrears for the previous 7 days. A weekly payment will then be made for the duration of the hotspot declaration.
To claim online you need a myGov account linked to a Centrelink online account. If your myGov account isn't linked to Centrelink, you can prove who you are through myGov to link to Centrelink.
Things are changing daily with regards to the response to COVID-19.
Should you have any queries regarding this measure or any Government measure announced in relation to COVID-19, please contact our office for more information.
If you would like to print this information, please click here for our PDF format.
The information provided in this information sheet does not constitute advice. The information is of a general nature only and does not take into account your individual situation. It should not be used, relied upon, or treated as a substitute for specific professional advice. We recommend that you contact Brentnalls SA before making any decision to discuss your particular requirements or circumstances.