What is an Operational Efficiency Review?
An Operational Efficiency Review is an in-depth look at the big picture of a business. Such as, addressing communication process, operating procedures, and profitability issues. Some of these factors can affect a business and potentially making it unstable.
Some questions that are addressed during the review are:
- Are there opportunities to reduce costs through more efficient practices?
- Does your practice perform well under pressure?
- Are your systems lean, efficient and reliable?
The benefits of an Operational Efficiency Review is the opportunity for your practice to have an independent appraisal of your business practice's operations. The review ensures we focus on the following key areas:
- Provide you with an appraisal of how well your practice is performing,
- Identifying opportunities for increasing revenue and improving efficiency,
- Compare efficiency measures against the industry benchmarks,
- Identify any significant operational risk to your business, and
- Provide a framework for prioritising the key strategies that will improve your business operational performance.
The Operational Efficiency Review will address the following key areas:
- Operational structures and resources,
- Appointment management,
- Reception functions,
- Risk management,
- Procedural efficiency,
- Clinical processes, and
- Financial processes.
Brentnalls Health will facilitate Operations Efficiency Review across your business practice. We will assist where necessary, to identify areas which require strategies for effective best practice performance. The plan will describe the key areas for improvement and an action plan for its implementation.
The Operational Efficiency Review will involve the following:
- A full day on-site appraisal, the reviewer will meet with the Practice Manager and key staff for a series of interviews.
- Observation of the business operations of the practice.
- An initial verbal report to the principals by the reviewer at the end of the day.
- Providing a Summary Report with key recommendations for remedial action.
- Document to be provided to the partners that contains a report on the outcomes of the Efficiency Review.
Helping practices achieve their goals is our passion. Our strength is in our dedicated professional health team ready to support your journey. Make the time today to book an appointment with Danny Haydon | Principal, Health Division.
Your investment in the our Operational Efficiency Review service offering will be advised once the full scope of the work has been determine.
If you would like to print this information please click here for PDF format.