This year, Brentnalls SA had 6 of our team attend the recent Xero Roadshow, where we were able to meet with the Xero team to learn about their new developments.
We'd like to share some of the new features in Xero and some features which are coming soon.
Those features which are now available which you may not be aware of are:
- 2 step authentication for your files – this is a second layer of security for your Xero file where as well as entering your username and password you also enter a unique identity number produced by an app on your phone. This further secures your data and we are recommending for all clients to implement this feature.
- Invoice reminders – you can now automatically set invoice reminders for those clients who need a nudge now and then.
- Billable expenses – if you expend money directly for a customer, set this aside for this particular customer and be reminded to bill when raising next sale invoice.
- PAYG on bonus payments – Xero can now calculate the PAYG on bonuses to ensure your employees aren't overtaxed on these one off payments.
- Gmail integration – those of you with a Gmail account can now integrate your emails into Xero and save important emails against contact files for future reference. You can also add invoices directly from emails displayed in Xero.
Features which should be available in the next 90-120 days:
- Veda Credit checks – on setting up a new contact, a Veda credit score/risk rating will be given to this contact to assist you in choosing credit terms for new customers.
- Autofill payroll detail on BAS/IAS – this has been a manual process in the past but after some initial setup this will soon be automatically shown on the IAS/BAS.
- Final pay calculations – when an employee leaves your organisation Xero will soon calculate any leave/redundancy owing to that employee and apply correct PAYG and superannuation.
- Timesheets on Xero Me – Employees will soon be able to prepare their timesheets on their smart phones or tablets using this application. This application is currently available but only allows for management of leave and payslip history.?
If you would like to discuss any of these features with your Brentnalls SA advisor they'd be happy to assist you with these.