We appreciate that attending any sort of interview can be a nerve wracking time. Even if you're not having an interview with Brentnalls SA, we hope the following tips will come in handy:
- Find out as much as you can about the firm that is interviewing you, from:
- Their website
- Other references to them on the internet
- Their promotional material
- Anyone you know who works there
- Practice answering questions that you are bound to get asked:
- Why are you interested in accounting?
- What subjects did you enjoy the most/least and why?
- Why are you interested in this firm?
- What work experience do you have?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your long-term career goals?
- Think about questions you can ask them about their firm, for example:
- The culture
- Career opportunities
- Average promotion time
- Salary and other benefits
- A great question to ask early on in the interview is "What are you most hoping to find in the person you hire?" This allows you to tailor the rest of the interview accordingly.
- Making a good impression
- Be on time
- Dress professionally
- Give a firm handshake
- Maintain good eye contact
- Your role
- Focus on the interviewer asking the questions if there is more than one
- Don't talk too much
- Be enthusiastic and positive
- Talk about specific achievements
- Ask questions
- Be honest
- Have a professional attitude
- Be yourself
- After attending an interview, it can be a nice gesture to email a short thank you note. It's polite and can really make you stand out from the other interviewees.