|Danny has been a business consultant to the medical and allied health industry since 2008, advising on all areas of practice management including business planning, infrastructure development, HR management, and increasing available services. He heads up the Practice Management Services division of Brentnalls SA which is focused on supporting medical and allied health practices and health services to achieve their goals.
Areas of expertise include:
* Diagnosing critical factors affecting your practice,
* Planning for the future practice viability,
* Helping you take control of your business,
* Getting your business to work for you and improving your work/life balance,
* Implementing contemporary business practices,
* Building the capacity of the practice to develop and grow,
* Increasing the professionalism of practice management,
* Managing staff issues and developing systems for improvement.
Having worked with medical practices throughout a period of huge change, Danny has brought about many improvements including establishing more effective governance, restructuring service models, and improving systems and processes such as patient pathways and the coordination of care. He has helped develop more financially viable service models and, ultimately, more profitable and sustainable practices.
Danny enjoys working with the owners of a business to help define their future goals, in particular assisting group practices gain a common understanding. This work sets a foundation for his advisory services and through effective facilitation and collaboration, Danny then works with the owners to improve business operations and drive practice improvement.
Danny was appointed National President of the Australian Association of Practice Management (AAPM) in October 2014, residing for a 3 year term. Through that period, Danny was instrumental in delivering the following high level achievements:
* Developing a stronger more strategic Governance framework.
* Building the capacity of the Association to advocate for practical reforms.
* Establish a National Practice Management Education framework.
* Delivering a stronger membership growth and brand recognition.
Danny currently enjoys the following high profile appointments:
* Board Member of the Northern Health Network (NHN),
* Member of the Health Care Homes Implementation Advisory Group,
* Board Member of the Australian Association of Practice Management (AAPM).